Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Spartans for DBA or HOTT

I just finished a 1/72 Spartan army for DBA or HOTT. I could not resist the well-sculpted Caesar models, and I have always had a soft spot for hoplite armies, and Sparta in particular. I used some VeniVidiVice shield transfers and a couple of special additions for HOTT elements and away we go:

All elements arrayed


The army includes the following elements:

Psiloi (DBA) or shooters (HOTT) by Zvezda


Single base of auxilia (DBA) or warband (HOTT) (i.e. light hoplites)

Up to 10 elements of ubiquitous spear

Hoo-haa! The hero Leonidas in the background...

Leonidas (HOTT hero), standing and gesticulating in defiance of the gods and anyone else who wants to have a go. The columns are wooden dowel pegs from Ikea.

The "evil flying pony" (HOTT flyer), my daughters were hoping this guy would end up in pink..

The obligatory, ill-tempered, Lacedaemonian Cyclops (HOTT behemoth)
Our strategos (Spear General)
Next up: I dunno. I might tackle my 15mm Achaemenids, or perhaps work on ECW a bit.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar