Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Home Day!!

Today was special!
I stayed home all day long.
As in I did not get dressed, wear make up or go beyond the driveway.
This was the first day since we have been home that I didn't feel like I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off!


I took my coffee out to gazebo - which I had just finished cleaning up late last night - and enjoyed just sitting in there.


I puttered around outside filling the pond and turning all the little lights off that I had left on all night.
That chair is a perfect place to sit and wait for the pond to fill so I don't run off and forget about it.
That happens with us a lot. We turn on the water for one thing or another and don't remember it for hours and hours!


I love our Plumbago and this is the first bloom of the year!


Honeysuckle and Trumpet vines meet!
I'm a sucker for anything that climbs and is easy to grow!
After I sashayed around the gardens, I went back to bed with a second cup of coffee just because.


Life was easy today.
I did a bit of housework and laundry. I cooked chicken and dumplings using the rest of a rotisserie chicken. I made a fresh vegetable medley and watched a little TV. I read some and played Scrabble.
Paid a couple of bills and packed up my art tub to take to the ranch.
Called Lillian to check on her.
Yesterday was pretty traumatic and she was visibly shaken when we visited.
She said Mother was in a bad mood last night and not much better today.
I had advised her to pull the curtain and keep to herself and she said that's what she did for part of the day. 

Louis Dean did some serious moving of Sanford and Son from the back yard. 
Half of our back yard area is pretty and the other half is awful.
My dream is to clean it ALL up but that hasn't happened yet and I truthfully can't even remember when it was all 'clean.' Probably back in the mid 1980's.
And it didn't last long. Probably less than 10 years total in all the 50 years I have lived here!
It's a goal but I don't get all bent out of shape over it.
My house is all cleaned up now and I am loving that.
I function better when things are as they should be.....and claim the Bible verse.....
I Corinthians 14:40
"Let all things be done decently and in order."
Or as close to it as possible!

That being said, my house is never 100% clean all the time but everything does get cleaned at least once in the year. Well.....most everything!

I think I will go to bed now.
Normal life resumes tomorrow!



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar